Thursday, October 30, 2008

other peoples thoughts falling through my head

it is a frightening thing to open oneself to this strange and dark side of the divine; it means letting go our sane self-control, that control which gives us the illusion of safety. But safety is only an illusion, and letting it go is part of listening to the silence, and to the Spirit....

I realized the very vehemence of my reaction meant perhaps i should in fact stop and listen. The Spirit does not hesitate to use any method at hand to make a point to us reluctant creatures...

Listen to the silence. Stay open to the voice of the Spirit...

When I am constantly running there is no time for being. when there is no time for being there is no time for listening...
Madeline L'Engle (woman who wrote a wrinkle in time ... my first venture into science fiction as a kid)

1 comment:

Dean said...

"reluctant creature" sounds like the title of a future Kathyrn Kelley work.

I suspect that Descartes deconstruction of being is and was basically correct, that one can prove nothing. How one choose to interpret that (...but I think therefore I am...) and what actions that leads to is what we call "our Life". Adopting the illusion of safety consciously is one option. Unconsciously another. Not at all, yet a third.

Nice turn of phrase even if the starched sheets of comfort begin to chafe after a while.