In this vein, I have taken and hope to continue to take the contemplative practices of creativity into the communities I am a part of in four areas:
[Arts Community] The creation of and participation with non-profit spaces to provide affordable studios and exhibition space for the highly experimental and reflective practices of contemporary art. Houston, TX.
- Founding President of BOX 13 Artspace 501(c)3, 2008-2011
- Exofficio Board member, BOX 13 Artspace, 2011-2012
- Exhibition Coordinator, CSAW Commerce Street Artist Warehouse, 2006-2007
- Listening in the Gap: Writing Workshop (8 weeks), 2014
- Artist Way: Creativity Workshop (10 weeks), 2013-2014
- Lenten Chapel Progressive Art Installation (7 weeks), 2014
- Development of the visual component of an alternative worship community, Mercy Street, 1996-2002
- Youth ministry, 1984-1995
- Visiting Professor of Art developing structure, content, systems of peer collaboration, critique, evaluation the WASH foundations program [Workshop in Art Studio + History] at Sam Houston State University, 1/2010-5/2013
- Foundations Art Adjunct, Sam Houston State University, 2009.
- Affiliate Artist [lecturer] and Teaching Fellow, University of Houston, 2003-2007.
- See CV for record of exhibitions, collaborative ventures, and artist lectures, 2005-2014