Tuesday, October 28, 2008

currently reading

as cheesy as it sounds, i am currently reading Getting the love you want by Harville Hendrix. Historically i would never have picked up such a book with it's cheesy self-help psycho babble title because i am a bit arrogant and think i am smart enough to figure out everything all by myself. But the year has revealed to me that i can't figure things out by myself and pulling myself up by the bootstraps of my steel toed boots doesn't really get me anything but a boot wedgy.
The world is not comprehensible,
but it is embraceable through
the embracing of one of its beings

Martin Buber

The man who desires to see the living God
face-to face does not seek God in the empty
firmament of his mind, but in human love.
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
so far the book, recommended by a good boxer friend, is very interesting. Just finished forward and found it very helpful and provoking me enough so that i want to continue reading.

No comments: