Friday, June 12, 2009

knit

those with whom my soul has been knit
they will stand with me
by me, for me
when things are hard
when things are messy
even if i make them hard
even if i make them messy
even when i am wrong
they forgive me
they love me
they find goodness in me
under the mess
in the hardness
in spite of wrongness
even when i loose understanding
they know who i am
they can see me
we are knit
all else falls away

with whom am i knit
will i fall away
will they

-------
these are the women with whom i am aware of being knit. i am grateful for this knitting. my soul finds breath because of these knittings i have been given.



my mom and me


i am sure there are others, but today these are the knittings of which i am presently aware. gifts.

3 comments:

kathkell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathkell said...

i am grateful for this knitting. my soul finds breath because of these knittings i have been given.

Lori Anderson said...

My hope is that as the years go by, the smiles of the girls in the 3rd photo will be as free and radiant as the smiles of the women in the 2nd photo.