Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nine hours later they start to bloom

I
It's kind of interesting. They were trash I had collected after a freeze--they'd simply fallen off the main body. I tossed them in the back of my truck; then in a hurry instead of planting them I literally tossed them in a heap on top of a pile of old inner tubes. After a month or so I noticed they had started to curl upward, then new cactus dohickees started growing along the up turned edges. Last week I began noticing budding and this afternooning they began flowering. I find this amazing. There isn't even a remote hint of soil, they aren't attached to the tubes at all. They seem to get everything they need from the air and sun. Amazing! Now if I can just make this so in my Own life--flower with simply breath and light.

No comments: