Thursday, July 05, 2012

2012 day 14 | forcing the corners up, I begin another day


I expect someday, if I keep remembering to push the corners upward, they will curve that way of their own accord. it seems a job to which only I can be charged. I gather myself for curving and I curve, when I want and when I do not, when my energy wanes and my feet find in the narrowed green between wheeled and foot trafficed the old water meter's recessing into which I step. this practice of upward corner curving, perhaps it is pretend but I hope it is something more. corners will curve. I curve. now I will cut rebar and weld as well and hurry to my stitch, stitching.



July 4, 2012
THE PERFECTION OF PATIENCE

Patience is not learned in safety. It is not learned when everything is harmonious and going well. When everything is smooth sailing, who needs patience? If you stay in your room with the door locked and the curtains drawn, everything may seem harmonious, but the minute anything doesn’t go your way, you blow up. There is no cultivation of patience when your pattern is to just try to seek harmony and smooth everything out. Patience implies willingness to be alive rather than trying to seek harmony.

--Teachings by Pema Chödrön, from works published by Shambhala Publications.


this seems important to me.

No comments: